* May 12(Thursday): High School Summer Job Fair plus Career and Scholarship Info in Hampton Bays 5:30-8:30pm
* May 12(Thursday): College Fair with Counter Military Recruiters at Suffolk Community College in Brentwood 6-8:30pm
* May 14(Saturday): Rally at Patchogue Military Recruiting Station at 10:30am
* May 14-15 (Saturday-Sunday) Walk the Paumanoke Path from Montauk to Port Jefferson - 11 am
* May 14 & 21 (Saturdays): Draft Counseling Sessions in Bellport 12:30-3:30 PM
* May 16(Monday): UU Film Series on Media Continues with "Manufacturing
Consent" in Bridgehampton at 6:30pm
* May 22 (Sunday): Film and Discussion about Iraq War Vets Mental Problems in Sag Harbor 7:30 pm
* May 23(Monday): Film "The End of Suburbia-Oil Depletion and The Collapse of the American Dream" in Amagansett 7pm
* May 23(Monday): UU Film Series on Media "Uncovered: the Truth about War on Iraq" in Bridgehampton a t 6:30pm
* May 25(Wednesday): South Fork Bill of Rights Defense Committee Meets in Southampton
* May 31(Tuesday): UU Film Series on Media "The Corporation" in Bridgehampton at 6:30pm
* Repeating Events: "Herstory" Writing Workshops in English and Spanish: Thursdays in East Hampton at 7 pm
May 12(Thursday): High School Summer Job Fair plus Career and Scholarship Info in Hampton Bays 5:30-8:30pm
The Southampton Youth Bureau is sponsoring a "Summer Job and Internship Fair" at the new Hampton Bays Community Center 25 Ponquogue Road. Members of the Suffolk Peace Network will also supply Alternative Career and College Scholarship Info at a Counter Military Recruiting table at the fair.
More Info: Catherine Marino, Southampton Youth Bureau, 287-5734
May 12(Thursday): College Fair with Military & Counter Military Recruiters at Suffolk Community College in Brentwood 6-8:30pm
The Spring 2005 College Fair at Suffolk Community College, Grant Campus, Brentwood is at 6-8:30pm. Representatives from over 250 Colleges and Career Schools will be present as well as military recruiters, referred to as 'deadly posers' by the Suffolk Peace Network Counter Military Recruiting Committee. Counter recruiters will be present to hand literature to possible victims of these salesmen of deception.
If you would like to help out at this event or any other counter recruiting action, contact Karen at: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 14(Saturday): Rally at Patchogue Military Recruiting Station at 10:30am
Please join us as we continue to send our message to the recruiters to stay out of our schools, to leave our kids alone...to get out of Iraq and the rest of the world!
If you usually vigil at this time, we would appreciate your support this one Saturday (we will hereafter try to make the times later in the day).
The recruiting station is located on the south side of Main St. just east of N. Ocean Ave. (Proceed over Main St. to first left into parking lot.) We will be meeting behind the North Fork Bank at 10:30 a.m.
Bring you signs, bring your friends, bring your voices!!
Info at: email@example.com
May 14-15 (Saturday-Sunday) Walk the Paumanoke Path from Montauk to Port Jefferson
Come Walk The PAUMANOKE PATH - Montauk to Port Jefferson starting May 14th & 15th at 11:00am In Solidarity With The Efforts of World Peace and Prayer Day Beginning at the "Eastern Shore" Atlantic Ocean - from Montauk Point - Long Island, New York
This Walk Will Also Be A Spiritual Run Which Will Travel ThroughVarious Native Communities And Will End In The Black Hills Of SouthDakota in June For The 10th Annual World Peace And Prayer Day.
All are welcome to this kickoff event. "All Nations, All Faiths, One Prayer" , Chief Arvol Looking Horse
Donations of bottled water and snacks for the participants would be greatly appreciated.
Contact Becky @ (631)283-3484
May 14 & 21 (Saturdays): Draft Counseling Sessions - Bellport UU - 12:30-3:30 PM
Draft Counseling will be conducted by Paul Frazier of the Syracuse Peace Council at the Bellport UU. $25.00 fee. These sessions are booked but you may contact Sheila Croke at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on future sessions.